Saturday, November 10, 2007

Poor Streamyx

Few days ago my Streamyx line cannot connect, the DSL light keep blinking. It was fine the day before, but it was not after that. I called to the Streamyx technical to explain my problem and have told them the DSL light on my modem kept blinking, and this means that either the modem has problem or the line.

The technician ask me to execute a ping command and ping to several ip address, something like 192.168.1.4 / 3 / 1. It returned some results, and the technician, from this result, told me that my NIC / Ethernet card is damaged!! There is nothing to do with my NIC, it's the modem / line is the problem! What kind of help is this from the Streamyx technician, poor and not 'technical'.

I kept on explain this is the modem / line problem, and they also insisted that my NIC is broken and I need to replace a new one. Without arguing further, they have tried to restart the Streamyx port for me. I switched off my modem for 10 minutes, turn it on back, and everything is OK!! NIC damaged?? Definitely not!! The technical help from the Streamyx is really poor, what kind of ridiculous answer they gave - my NIC is broken!! Oh my god... Next time when the technician tell you that your 'stuff' (stuff here can be anything - NIC, modem, etc) is damaged, don't panic, they might be wrong after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment